The Springboks host the Pumas in the opening round of the Rugby Championship. We go back in time!
* South Africa and Argentina have played against each other in 13 Test matches since 1993, with the Springboks winning all 13.
* The 13 consecutive Test victories over Argentina is a record for Springbok rugby. This record was equalled during last year's Rugby World Cup in New Zealand when South Africa beat Wales 17-16 in Wellington for their 13th consecutive win against Wales.
* This will be the first Test match for Argentina at Newlands and the Springboks' 49th. South Africa's record here is: P 48; W 32; L 14; D 2; Win ratio 67 percent.
* The biggest win at Newlands was against Namibia in 2007 when the Springboks recorded the second highest score in South African Test rugby history, winning 105-13.
* Bryan Habana is South Africa's most capped Springbok wing with 76 Tests in this position (he has played one Test at centre) and is also most experienced player in the squad with a total of 77 Test caps. He is the Springbok top try scorer with 40 career tries in Tests (all scored as a wing). Bryan is one of 11 players who scored two tries in a Test match against Argentina and needs two tries to equal Jaque Fourie's Springbok record of nine career tries in the Rugby Championship / Tri-Nations tournament.
* Morné Steyn will surpass Butch James as South Africa's most capped flyhalf when he plays on Saturday. It will be his 38th Test cap and 27th consecutive Test. Morné holds the Springbok record for most career tries in Tests as a flyhalf - 7. He is also the Springbok record holder for most career penalty goals in this tournament - 49.
* Morné Steyn needs 12 points to equal Percy Montgomery's Springbok career record of 210 points in this tournament. He needs one drop goal to become the sole record holder for most career drop goals in the tournament. Currently he shares the record of four career drop goals with André Pretorius.
* His first penalty goal will be Morné's 50th career penalty goal in this tournament. He needs five penalty goals to reach 100 career penalty goals and also needs 11 points to reach 50 career points at Newlands.
* Bismarck du Plessis holds the Springbok record for most tries in Tests as a hooker - 6. He is one of nine Springboks who have scored three career tries at Newlands and will play together with his older brother, Jannie du Plessis, in their record 24th Test as brothers.
* Jean de Villiers is South Africa's most capped centre with 60 appearances in this position.
* Frans Steyn is one of only three Springboks who have scored two career drop goals at Newlands and together with Naas Botha the only Springboks who achieved this in one Test match.
* Springbok career record holders at Newlands are: Percy Montgomery - 108 points, 17 conversions and 23 penalty goals; Nine players have scored three tries; Dawie Snyman, Naas Botha and Frans Steyn - 2 drop goals each.
* Springbok Test match record holders at Newlands are: Percy Montgomery - 35 points; 12 conversions and 7 penalty goals; Four players have scored three tries each; Morné Steyn also scored seven penalty goals; Naas Botha and Frans Steyn - 2 drop goals each.
* Ruan Pienaar will become joint second most capped substitute (34 caps) with CJ van der Linde should he take the field on Saturday. Ollie le Roux played in 43 Tests as a substitute.
* Frans Steyn needs one drop goal to become the sole Springbok record holder for most career drop goals at Newlands - 3.