Taute to be 'unveiled' on Monday
Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:58
Catrakilis returning to Cape Town
The Stormers are planning a media briefing on Monday at which they will "unveil" all their new signings and confirm the players who are departing.
This is the news coming out of Newlands, after reports in the Cape Town media that Springbok fullback Jaco Taute has signed a two-year contract with the Stormers.
The 22-year-old utility back, Taute, joined the Stormers earlier this year on a loan agreement from the Lions.
His agent, Eduard Kelder, told Die Burger newspaper that the player has made up his mind about his future.
Both Taute and fellow Lions loan Bok Elton Jantjies have been courted by the Stormers.
Jantjies' future remains clouded in uncertainty, as he has to report at the Lions in Johannesburg on Monday - first to play in the two-match promotion-relegation series against the Kings (in Port Elizabeth on July 26 and Johannesburg August 2), then also to play in the Currie Cup competition.
"Jaco has signed a two-year contract with WP. It will come into effect from November 1," Kelder told the newspaper.
* Meanwhile it was reported that Springbok squad member and Kings flyhalf Demetri Catrakilis is heading back to Cape Town to play for Western Province in this year's Currie Cup, according to the report in Die Burger.
"Demetri told me that Alan Solomons [Kings Director of Coaching] gave him permission to play elsewhere on a loan basis," George Catrakilis, father of the Kings flyhalf, told the newspaper.
The loan agreement with Western Province will allow Catrakilis - who was part of the Bok training squad for the June internationals - to play at a higher level.
The EP Kings play in the lowly First Division.
He was WP's hero in the Currie Cup Final last year when they upset the Sharks 25-18 in Durban.
|South African news|
|» Preview: Vodacom Cup, Round One|
|» SARU joins 2023 World Cup race|
|» Unbeaten Shimlas stand tall|
|» Kings pick up Madibaz coach|
|» VC Preview: Tuks face road test|