Super cull not the end of the Force
Super cull not the end of the ForceSHARE
The Perth franchise's parent body, Rugby Western Australia, lodged the appeal request with the New South Wales Supreme Court after the ARU announced their removal from the Southern Hemisphere competition last week.
According to rugby.com.au, Rugby WA is expected to find out on Wednesday whether it will be granted the right to appeal the ARU's decision in the NSW Supreme Court.
If the appeal is unsuccessful, there are options for the franchise and Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest to sue the ARU separately.
Furthermore, Forrest remained adamant that the Force' cull it's not the end of rugby in Western Australia and has even hinted, that he would begin a rogue league.
"This is absolutely not the end of the Western Force, it is not the end of rugby in Western Australia," he told reporters at RugbyWA HQ.
"If anything, the hottest fires forge the strongest metals. This will make rugby in Western Australia stronger and stronger again.
"Win or lose the appeal we will get stronger. Win or lose the appeal, we will be more invigorated as a rugby family here in Western Australia," he added.
Meanwhile, former Rugby WA chairman Geoff Stooke, who resigned from the ARU board this month, was also in attendance at the rally and has warned the ARU are facing a significant damaged claim form WA government.
"If it goes our way, we'll move on. If it doesn't, the legal action will move on," Stooke told AAP.
"The [state] government is seeking compensation for the massive investment in facilities they've made for us.
"They clearly made those investments in the expectation the Force was a permanent part of the WA sporting landscaping,"
source: rugby.com.au & AAP